Is there a way for me to copy an entire database?
You will need to export the original database, and import to a new database.How to export?
- Go to existing database in phpMyAdmin
- Click Export at the top
- Leave the settings as they are, click the "Save as file" checkbox and click Go
- This will download a .sql file to your computer
How can I import a database?
- Create a new database in cPanel
- Go to phpMyAdmin
- Click the new database name in the top left
- Click Import in the main area of phpMyAdmin
- Browse for the .sql file on your computer and click Go
For security reasons, it's best to upload your database to the
/home/USERNAMEsection of your account. (Replace USERNAME with your cPanel username.)
Is there a way to rename a database?
Unfortunately, the only way to rename a database is to copy it to a new, empty database with the desired name.